Monday, February 13, 2017

"Unknown Variety"

I'm disappointed by how many of my plants didn't come with labels, or had labels with less than complete information.  I like to know what I'm growing.

So, I made a list!

Plants In the Front Beds as of 02-12-2017: 

SUN
Columbine, "Harlequin Mix" (Aquilegia vulgaris), some container, some in the ground
Lavender, "Goodwin Creek" (Lavandula x ginginsii "Goodwin Creek")
Lavender, English (Lavandula angustifolia)
Strawberry, unknown variety (Frgaria), container
Rosemary, unknown variety (Rosmarinus officinalis), container
Powell's Crinum Lily (Crinum powellii), from the old house
Iris, German Bearded, "Before the Storm" (Iris germanica), from the old house
Iris, German Bearded, unknown variety, pale purple (Iris germanica), from the old house
Garlic chives, unknown variety (Allium tuberosum), from the old house
Autumn Sage, white (Salvia gregii, unknown variety)

PARTIAL/DAPPLED SUN
"Serenade" Azalea (Rhododendron x 'Serenade')
Hosta (Hosta spp.) "Patriot" and something that was labeled "Old Glory" but isn't
Maidenhair Fern (Adiantum),  container
Louisiana Iris (Iris x spp.) "Full Eclipse"
Caladuim (Caladium x hortulanum) "White Christmas"

MOSTLY/FULL SHADE
Cyclamen, unknown variety, white (Cyclamen persicum)
Bird's Nest Fern, "Victoria" (Asplenium nidus x 'Victoria') 
Japanese Holly Fern (Cyrtonium falcatum)
Swedish Ivy (Plectranthus verticillatus), container
 

I'm sure I'll add to or change things around in these beds, depending on how things fill in (or don't), and as I learn which plants are happy in their new homes and which aren't. I may also end up planting some things in the yard, or scattering containers about.  I haven't decided yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment