Thursday, February 16, 2017

Because Weather

"I know, summer doesn't officially start until June 21st, but it's been in the 90s for half of May already.  It may not be summer yet, technically, but it's already feeling like it."

- Me, on this blog, May 21, 2015.  


Three days ago it was 85ºF, and this morning when I left the house to go to work, it was 32º. 
(Insert obligatory "welcome to Texas" joke). 

Thankfully, all the new plants seemed to be perfectly happy despite the cold this morning. Thank goodness it wasn't also raining.

Although it DID rain two nights ago, and I'm pleased to report that the new mulch prevented the rain cascading off the roofline from digging a trench in the bed.  It wasn't a frog-floater, by any means, but that was the first test passed.  I imagine it'll be a month or two before we get a big, thundering gully-washer and I'll find out exactly how stable the mulch layer actually is.

No comments:

Post a Comment