Monday, May 13, 2013

Uh...whoops.

Hey, guess what!  I quit smoking!  :D

Of course, the downside, is that I'm not going outside regularly, and therefore not keeping a daily watchful eye on the plants in my backyard.  It also doesn't help that after not gardening for two years, I'm no longer in the habit, it seems, of walking the gardens like I used to, inspecting for insect damage, water and fertilzation needs, fruit and flower progress, etc.

So some things have been a little under-watered, and have suffered for it.  My poor Bougainvillea has nearly uprooted itself reaching for the sun - and you'd think I'd have noticed that, since I pass it every single day on the way in and out of the front door, you know?

Anyhow, things are progressing a bit:




The "vegetable garden", looking not as healthy as it could, due to watering issues - although the two tomatoes and the pepper have just BOOMED as far as size goes.




















There's even a tomato!



One!















A few more on the "Juliet" cherry tomato plant.  Like eight or so.














Early on, I dropped something onto the Juliet tomato plant and broke off a branch.  Curious, I planted it oustide the veg garden behind the patio (where I keep all my weeds), and it's actually growing!















And here we have the very wee-est Serrano pepper ever.  It's about the size of my pinky fingernail.















Lastly, a strawberry plant bereft of strawberries - they all dried out and had to be removed from the plant.  Here's hoping it flowers again.

I moved the Bougainvillea from the front, to the back porch here where it'll get more sunlight.  Hopefully this new placement will also prompt me to water it more often.

?






.

No comments:

Post a Comment