Friday, May 17, 2013

My Two Favorite Words, Combined

"Clearance Plants"   

99 cents, you guys.

a red Mandevilla vine!  I had one many years ago that died in the 
drought; I've wanted another one ever since. 

A Coleus of some kind (apparently Home Despot doesn't
label its plants anymore), tucked in behind the begonias
in this planter.  I bought two, for the pair of planters in front 
of the front door.  They'll be HUGE in no time. 

Also: a "Moss Rose" succulent plant (Portulaca spp.),
which is native and will naturalize readily if I put it in the
ground.

And a Peppermint plant, which I plan to grow in a big, fluffy
pot...and then separate and plant in the ground along my side
yards.  Don't worry, I can control it with the mower in that
position, and meanwhile, it'll keep the ants out of my house.


(This little rack on the front porch is where new plants go 
until I figure out where to plant them, and get around to it). 


.

No comments:

Post a Comment