Friday, February 1, 2013

Housey Planties

Although I haven't been doing much around the yard since the clusterf* of 2010 and 2011, I never stopped being an avid houseplant keeper.   Let me introduce you to some of my little friends:



Living room window corner, behind a little divan/settee.  L-R Bird of Paradise (Strelitzia reginae), "ZZ" plant (Zamioculcas), Peace Lily (Spathyphyllum), "Janet Craig" Dracaena, and a sad-looking little Pothos Ivy hanging above.  

An Elephant Foot Palm (Beaucarnia revurvata) with a haircut, after one of my
cats nearly ate the entire thing. It's been recuperating for a long, long time.  

Dracaena Warneckii and a Philodendron in my
home office.  

And unknown little succulent, and a Fittonia

One of a pair of  Ficus trees I have in my living room. 

A wee Ming Fern (Plumosa)

Houseplants at work:  Peace Lily,  a pot of of baby Ponytail
Palms (also Bearcarnia recurvata), a "Lucky Bamboo" Dracaena,
and a little Dieffenbachia.  And a crab. 

I have eighteen houseplants in all, at the moment, not counting the cuttings rooting in jars all over the place, or half a potato in a bowl of water in the kitchen, hehe.  I also have four of my houseplants at my office, so, twenty-two in total


So basically, not nearly enough. :)


I would love to live here. 
More at  my Pinterest board on greenhousey living spaces


No comments:

Post a Comment