Thursday, February 28, 2013

A Bunch of Trees

I couldn't find a collective noun describing "a random collection of trees" - things like copse, orchard, stand, etc. all refer to a group of the same type of tree.

I'm a dork.  You know, in case you hadn't already figured that out.

Anyway, allow me to present to you my own personal bunch of trees:

Front Yard
The Measley Oak in the front yard, sometimes called
"Builder's Oak" or "I wish I had the money to replace this".
(It's a Texas Live Oak, and will grow to be far to large for my
yard. Thanks, builders). 

That's it!  Thanks, bye.


 Back Yard


Mulberry Tree, only six years old, which started out as a wee seedling. 

A Mexican Orchid Tree, actually a great shaggy shrub,
pruned to a tree form last year for the first time. 

A wee Chasteberry, only a year old, Spring 2012


More on all of them as time goes on. :)


.

No comments:

Post a Comment