Monday, March 27, 2017

You Can't Go Home Again

Things do change over time, don't they?  The Zilker Garden Festival was a bit of a disappointment.  Kind of a huge one, actually.  I remember an enormous wonderland of plants, garden lectures, product demos, local experts to chat with - with some food and music and arts-n-crafts thrown in for spice.  Yesterday at the festival, there were maybe six nursery booths, the rest was normal festival-vendor fare: clothing, jewelry, random housewares and pottery...pretty much anything but garden-related things.  Disappointed but undaunted, I set off (with the friends I had dragged along with me, promising the wall-to-wall plant-shopping extravaganza I remembered) into the botanical gardens, hoping for a serene stroll to remedy the disappointment and frustration I was feeling, only to find that most of it had been taken over by the childrens' activities areas.  So much for that, then.  Oh, well. 

It'll be a couple more weeks until the botanical gardens are in full bloom, but I did find these cute little guys bopping around happily in the breeze:


Anemone coronaria
another anemone about to open

this one blew out of the frame as I took this picture...
revealing a forgotten shovel.  Whoops!

A big double daffodil

And a single one, with an anemone behind it
making it look like a two-colored flower

All the little violets! They're so cute.

This is not a flower.  But it's still pretty cool. 
It was as big as my hand!

Meanwhile, I still have a LOT to do in the garden.  The festival kind of derailed some plans I had for the weekend, but I'll catch up this week.  If I can get my butt in gear the next few days (I'm extremely, unbelievably tired today for some reason) I should have an actual update on how it's going for you.  Here's hoping.


Dog tax:
Shelly resting her face against my foot.  Silly old bear.







No comments:

Post a Comment